Monday, May 25, 2009


Half a Bagel


Thought for the Day

Don't eat Donuts Before you Run

I believe eating habit has a lot to do with how our body responds to stress. I love to drink a cup of orange juice before I run, but I think it did not help me as much as I thought. I asked one of our Sunday School friends what she eats before she runs. She said, "half a bagel." I am not much of a bagel eater. I would rather eat some donuts holes. I did try to run after eating some donuts and a cup coffee; and it gave me a burst of energy at the outset but I got tired very quickly. I also learned that I should not drink too much water or eat a heavy meal before I run because it gives me some sort of pain in my stomach. I think it is called side- sticker. One morning I decided to eat half a bagel with a cup of tea before I ran and it helped me run smoothly but I should have avoided the tea.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Toshi! How's the running going? Are you remembering to GO SLOW??? Take it easy on yourself, run at a comfortable pace, and it will gradually get easier! Glad you tried the bagel...those carbohydrates will give you energy as you run. Oatmeal is good, too. I'm also glad to see you in new sneakers! I love the feeling of running in new shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey dad could you post again soon? :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete